Mr. Chris Tjijahura
The Hardap regional office has currently five staff members, as well as 26 Community-based Facilitators and Counsellors in Rehoboth, Mariental and Aranos.
Why are we here:
In response to requests from the Rehoboth Community about high incidences of suicide amongst youth and children, Lifeline/Childline opened its Hardap Office in November 2009. As time passed, the demand for additional services led to more programs being implemented, additional staff being employed and services being extended to the whole Hardap region as of 2013.
LLCL’s Hardap office is regarded as a trendsetter in child protection, counselling and community interventions by both other service providers and community members. This is evident by the constant referrals for assistance from stakeholders like the police, education sector and social services amongst others.
What we do:
We provide the following services:
- counselling to community members,
- promoting child protection services at local schools,
- offering positive parenting training to parents and care givers
- Training on child protection, child communication and child participation
- Gender awareness and sensitivity, e.g. overcoming harmful gender norms which contribute to Gender-Based Violence (GBV).
- Social Behaviour Change and Communication (SBCC) & Sexual Risk Reduction (SRR)
Main beneficiaries of all these services are vulnerable children and youth, parents and care givers, as well as other service providers in Rehoboth and the larger Hardap Region.